Ready to commit, again!
Last year I wrapped up the holidays and committed to getting back on my wellness track in January.
I made a commitment to get active and eat well for 30 days. I had no idea I would move from one commitment to the next which ultimately resulted in an improved diet, 4% bodyfat loss, better skin, more energy and a brighter spirit 😊I have a desire to begin this year off with a fresh commitment and I am inviting you to join us. I say us because I am not doing this alone – I have some awesome trainers on my team as well as a pretty committed dietician. You can choose what and how long you want to commit – 21 days, 30 Days, 60 days, 84 or the WHOLE 100 Days of Health. I am encouraging you not to go from 0 to 100. Set yourself up to be successful. As I stated earlier, last year I only committed to January. Perhaps you’ll Commit to the 21 Day Shred or Make the 30 Day Pledge.
Whatever your commitment is, it begins with a 3 Day Detox. Take this time to rid your life of everything that will not serve you on this journey. There are some easy things you can do like cleaning all the junk food out of your pantry and fridge. Then there are some not so easy like separating yourself from those who don’t want to move forward, do better, or live healthier. I am turning off the tv, unfollowing any “hate” on social media, and cleaning out my body and system by following a detox diet for the next 3 days. It’s similar to the shred diet, just a little more discipline is needed. The asterisk identifies items that are NOT a part of the detox.
21 Day Shred is a jump start to healthy living with activity every day AND a cardio workout 3-5 times a week.
Yes, activity every day – go for a walk, spend 30 or so cleaning, or active play. In addition to the activity you will need to complete a 30-60 minute cardio workout 3-5 times a week. There are levels to this:
Level 1: Stick to the nutrition plan 5 days and complete 3 or more 30 minute workout sessions a week.
Level 2: Stick to the nutrition plan 6 days and complete 4 or more 30-45 minute workout sessions a week.
Level 3: Stick to the nutrition plan 7 days and complete 5 – 30-60 minute workout sessions a week.
Most don’t have an issue with working out but the diet holds people back. Know that weight-loss or fat-loss is 80% diet and 20% workout. You must follow a healthy nutrition plan designed to shred fat. This nutrition plan coupled with your workout is the foundation of Healthy Living.
- Drink plenty of water – approximately half of your body weight in ounces (example 200lb person would drink 100 ounces of water, 12.5 cups). You can flavor your water with herbal tea. During our shred our goal is to only drink water.
- Protein is power! Choose lean, high-quality proteins like egg whites, poultry, tofu, beans, nuts, and protein supplements.
- Carbohydrates are your friend and should be consumed in moderation. Good, clean, fiber-rich carbs include oats, brown rice, potatoes and whole-grain bread.
Whole Grain Bread or wraps*
|All vegetables preferably fresh or frozen. Lightly steamed, sautéed or raw.
|All fruits, mostly berries.
- Take your before picture. You don’t have to post it on social media but have it to refer to. If you are doing this for fat or weight loss, you should also take some measurements of your body – arm, chest, waist, hips and thigh.
- Invite a friend or 2 to join you. Commitment is easier when you have support.
- Create a weekly plan. Plan your day, your workouts and food for each day.
- Have fun. Exercise with others, to good music, try new recipes… you can choose to enjoy the ride!